Set of character art done in February 2020. Found a process that significantly sped up my workflow, so will how far I can press it.
Was messing around with the HDR feature in my Canon G7X Mark II during the fireworks. This pic was unexpected, but quite sweet to behold.
Took a break from this project between September 2018 and July 2019; had switched jobs and had to spend time adapting to being a Producer again. However, in mid-August of 2019, Unity released a set of prototyping assets called SNAPS. Was surprised to discover that the height measurement for SNAPS was precisely the one I used, which implied adapting the SNAPS prototyping assets for use in my Procedural City Generator would be doable.
I was a mentor for a 5-person FYP team, who just finished their project on the last week of August 2018.
You can preview a trailer of their game here:
So far, the buildings generated were accurately scaled. On August 2018 I started experimenting with AR, which I discovered that a real-size skyscraper in AR isn’t that easy to view on a phone! So I added a Minimize mode, where the buildings could be scaled down to be viewable on an AR-detected floor.
The implementation is admittedly a hack, and since some parts of the code couldn’t figure out what to do with the new scale, issues with z-fighting and object placement appeared. But on the whole, it’s a version I can show to people on my phone, so I just need to clean up my code.
Since I was able to generate a building on any physics-enhanced surface in Unity, I can add the code into any scene, click-and-drag on a physics enabled surface and generate a building on it. Thus, when I got Gaia around the end of June, I was able to generate procedural buildings within a generated landscape scene.
Added a Post-Processing Stack effect for fun.