Built desks that procedurally add props around themselves when they’re placed within a scene, enabling a variety of content if a bunch of them are placed together.Continue reading
Updated the ProcGen City Builder to build up the SNAPS parts gradually. Also tested the ability to group prefabs of furniture within a room of the building. Because if I can do one, I can certainly do more.
Animated one of my character illustrations from http://www.hilmyworks.com/2020-february-character-set/
The cloth setup could use plenty of improvements, but I think I’ll apply the lessons learned to the next one.
Trying out Unity’s 2D tools to convert my OC into an animated character. The rig isn’t perfect with obvious gaps here and there because I didn’t anticipate how much I’d stretch the character parts, but it was interesting to see how far I can push the animations from a single image source.
Breakdown of the character took about half a day. Rigging was done multiple times, but once I understood how I should rig the character, it took about ten minutes to redo a new rig. Each animation took between 30 mins to an hour.
Was messing around with the HDR feature in my Canon G7X Mark II during the fireworks. This pic was unexpected, but quite sweet to behold.
Took a break from this project between September 2018 and July 2019; had switched jobs and had to spend time adapting to being a Producer again. However, in mid-August of 2019, Unity released a set of prototyping assets called SNAPS. Was surprised to discover that the height measurement for SNAPS was precisely the one I used, which implied adapting the SNAPS prototyping assets for use in my Procedural City Generator would be doable.